Friday, April 14, 2017

Fun Filled Day

Alright everyone,

First things first I must apologize...I forgot to post yesterday. Even more unfortunately for you, I am not going to go over my adventures of yesterday. I know it's unfair, but if I go over everything that happened today AND yesterday, the post will be very long so...you're are just going to have to trust that I had a fantastic day yesterday. 

Now onto the main event...today. Today was a jam packed fun filled day. It started with sleeping in. This week I had been getting up at 5 in order to get Cydney to work (because she wanted to leave me the car while she was at work). Because today is a holiday, she did not have to go to work so we both got to sleep in. We were not scheduled to get up until 9 however because I normally wake up early to get to work, I slept until 7:30. Not complaining because...I had the best sleep in a long time. I even convinced myself to go back to sleep for any hour!! When we finally got up, we headed to the tennis courts. The first courts we went to, you'll never believe it...they did not have nets -_- so we drove to a park and luckily they had nets...well miniature chain linked fences to separate the two sides but it worked for us. When we realized how rusty I was, we went to the boards and played more racket ball style tennis. It was a great way to start the morning.

After tennis, we headed to village garden, a local restaurant here in Danville, for breakfast. It was FANTASTIC!! The pancakes were fluffy the omelettes were huge and they had my favorite kind of hot sauce. Safe to say, I enjoyed it. When we finished breakfast, we headed back to the house to prepare for Cydney's job interview, she kilt it by the way..,that's right KILT it then we headed to Champaign for the real fun.

For those of you who have never done an escape room...you need to do one. Not only is it fun but it is excellent for team building/communication exercises. I highly recommend it. We ended up escaping our room with three minutes to spare. It was great, frustrating at times, but great none the less. Of course afteward we went to the mall (of course, I bought clothes) and then to get late lunch/early dinner which I like to refer to sometimes as Linner or Dunch, yes, you read that correctly. It was very, VERY good. Thai food, love it!

To end our night we headed to a paint party. It was...interesting to say the least. The painting hat was chosen for the night proved to be challenging at times however everyone ended up with beautiful paintings to take home. It was a great end to a fun filled action packed day and I could be more happy with how it went.

Sadly, this is my last full day before my blissful break comes to an end. However it will not end in vain. I got to spend to time with a great friend and her wonderful family, I got to relax and rejuvenate, and I got my laugh back...yes, I believe I forgot how to laugh (like REALLY laugh) because I was not stopping to smell the roses and this week has really reminded me to do that.

Until tomorrow beautiful people,
You know who I am, if you don't know you better ask somebody...jk I'll tell you,
It's Toni
Two Fingers

2 comments: